Monday, February 15, 2021

 

Encinitas Mayor Comes Clean About Her Agenda

“Since Encinitas voters elected me to the City Council, and more so since they elected me as mayor,” said Catherine Blakespear, “I’ve been pursuing my agenda in sneaky, underhanded ways. In the interest of transparency, I wanted to find a way to blatantly bring my agenda out into the open.

“I recently recruited my protégé, Councilmember Kellie Shay Hinze, to join me in forming the Encinitas for Iniquity committee. We cleverly abbreviated its name E4I.

“Hinze and I will recruit like-minded voters as members of the E4I committee. Under our leadership, the committee will forcefully sell my agenda to Encinitas residents.

“First among our priorities will be to declare outright war on Proposition A. It has hindered residential and commercial development since voters passed it in 2013. It has prevented Encinitas from quickly becoming the shining city on a bluff that most residents want it to be.

“Making Encinitas a haven for the homeless will hold a high position among E4I’s goals. We can’t have homeless people randomly wandering about. We will invite them to Encinitas and accommodate them in every way possible.

“Banning gas- and diesel-powered vehicles and minimizing use of electric vehicles will be near the top of E4I’s list. The committee will force everybody who can ride a bike or walk to do so.

“For further information about the Encinitas for Iniquity committee, please see my periodic newsletter. Readers should find a committee membership application there.”