Monday, March 7, 2022


Mayor Blakespear Denies Psychologist’s Claim That She’s Brain Dead

A spat between two Cardiff residents has flooded social media.

After close study of Encinitas Mayor Catherine Blakespear in person at City Council meetings and earlier at city meetings via the Web, psychologist Dr. Lorri Greene has declared Blakespear brain dead.

Not surprisingly, Blakespear, who is a District 38 state Senate candidate, denied Greene’s declaration.

“I’m anything but brain dead,” said Blakespear. “I’m an active woman committed to improving people’s lives in Encinitas and, if all goes well in my campaign, in state Senate District 38. I suspect Dr. Greene has misread my use of the word ‘committed.’”

“Nothing of the kind,” said Greene. “As a professional who holds a Ph.D. in psychology, I am qualified to assess a person’s mental state. I also know how to use the word ‘committed.’ It is my deeply held professional opinion that Mayor Blakespear should be committed to an institution where her condition can be treated with counseling and appropriate medications. With proper care, her brain can be brought back to life.”

“My brain is alive and well,” said Blakespear. “I do stuff all the time. I’m the chairwoman of SANDAG, I’m the mayor of Encinitas, I’m a state Senate candidate, I’m a lawyer, I’m a wife and mother. No person who’s brain dead could do all those things.”

“Perhaps my professional conclusions are too abstract,” said Greene. “Mayor Blakespear has habitually shown megalomanic, narcissistic, sociopathic and hypocritical behavior that is the manifestation of morbidity in the cerebellum, cerebrum and brainstem. Therefore, I used the popular term ‘brain dead.’”

“If I were not a public figure,” said Blakespear, “I would sue Dr. Greene for libel and slander.”

“More evidence,” said Greene.