Monday, October 26, 2020

Elect Leucadia 101 Main Street Association to Encinitas City Council

I grew up around here. I went to local schools. What does that say about the quality of education in Encinitas?

I was executive director of the Leucadia 101 Main Street Association. Taxpayers paid much of my salary through the City Council’s annual $30,000 subsidy to that merchants’ group. Leucadia must be really special because downtown and Cardiff get only $20,000 each.

When I was appointed to the council after Tasha split, I quit that chamber of commerce job. When I was there, I pushed for projects most residents don’t want. Streetscape is a good example. Some of the merchants and property owners want it, but most residents don’t.

I brought that same thinking to my council seat. I go along with the mayor and support all kinds of things most residents don’t. The Cardiff cycle trap is a good example.

I’m really glad I don’t have the $10 million Pacific View albatross hanging around my neck. Tony Kranz is welcome to that dead bird.

I’m comfortable speaking in public. But if you examine what I say, you’ll find a lot is illogical. It just doesn’t make sense. Most residents recognize that. They’re more experienced and more practical that I am. I embody the millennial mentality. I’ll get better as I get older.

I recognize the need to reduce GHG emissions. That’s why I support the Streetscape plan and a denser population. They’ll both increase GHG emissions and let us work harder to find ways to reduce them.

Everybody says there’s a housing crisis. I say stack and pack ’em in. It doesn’t matter that only a few are affordable. We need more upscale housing throughout Encinitas. 

I was appointed to the City Council. Now I want to be elected. Vote for me, Kellie Hinze in District 2.