Monday, March 22, 2021

 


White Encinitas Woman Identifies as Black

Blanche Vit is a white Encinitas woman who identifies as black.

“I enrolled at Howard University in Washington, D.C. I want to be with my people in a rigorous academic environment,” said Vit. “I’ll join the Beta Lambda Kappa sorority.”

Vit is leaning toward political science and journalism as subjects to study.

“If I study political science, I’ll continue at Howard for law school and join the National Conference of Black Lawyers after I pass the bar exam,” said Vit. “With those credentials, it will make sense to run for Congress. If elected, I’ll join the Congressional Black Caucus.

“But I might decide on a career in journalism,” said Vit. “If I go that route, I’ll join the National Association of Black Journalists. I believe in social activism. Being part of an organization of like-minded people increases my effectiveness. I’m honored to already be an NAACP member.”

Vit is a gifted musician who plays several instruments and sings.

“Naturally, I gravitate to soul, rhythm and blues, and jazz,” said Vit. Aretha is a goddess and Miles a god in my eyes. Ella blows my mind. I’m more into those classic artists than I am rap and hip hop. And wow, Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom. Now, that’s a movie!”

Vit is also an accomplished athlete.

“I idolize Simone Biles and love gymnastics, but I’m too tall to be really good at it,” said Vit. “Yet I’m not tall enough for basketball, so my sport is track. I studied the videos of Wilma Rudolph. She ran like she was shot out of a cannon. Then there’s Flo Jo. She’s incomparable. She left her competitors in the dust. I’m looking forward to running track at Howard.”