Monday, May 2, 2022

 

Blakespear Scours Dark Web for District 4 City Council Candidate

That damn Bruce Ehlers. If I can’t find a candidate to run against him in District 4, he’ll take the seat unopposed, without even suffering exposure in the campaign and a debate. That will make it look as if his argument was right, and I was wrong to ax him from the Planning Commission.

Hackers have busted me scouring the Dark Web for a District 4 candidate. There are a lot of smart, comfortably wealthy people in District 4, so you would think it would be pretty easy to find a candidate whose thinking is the opposite of Ehlers’. That means a candidate who would continue my spectacular legacy as a council member and a three-term elected mayor.

If Ehlers wins District 4, Julie Thunder wins District 3 and Cindy Cremona is elected mayor, they’ll be a majority, push Tony Kranz and Kellie Hinze off in a corner like dunces, and start listening to the residents rather than the BIA, developers, my PACs and other special interests.

That would be disastrous. My record of effective, innovative leadership, of building broad coalitions to solve local problems would go down the tubes. Gosh, that new majority might actually build enough affordable housing to meet the city’s RHNA numbers! Those three candidates are real people, not politicians. They would actually represent their constituents.

Thunder is on a roll, I can’t imagine enough people voting for Kranz or Jeff Morris to make either the next mayor, and Cremona is a solid candidate, so my target is Ehlers. I’ve already undermined him by axing him from the Planning Commission, so he’s my bet for breaking up the potential majority.

If you live in District 4, want to run for City Council and I haven’t contacted you through the Dark Web, give me a call or shoot me a text or email. I need a candidate!