Monday, October 31, 2022




Blakespear Squares Her Abortion Position With Chickens and Eggs

“Before I dive into the choice controversy,” said state Senate candidate Catherine Blakespear, “let me address the age-old question of chickens and eggs: ‘What do I eat first, the chickens or the eggs?’

“Well, for me,” said Blakespear, “it’s the eggs, because if I ate the chickens, I’d get no more eggs.”

“Most people know I keep captive chickens in my yard, and my family harvests and eats the eggs the chickens lay,” continued Blakespear. “For some observers, that produces a conflict with my pro-choice position on reproductive health. If she’s pro-choice, they say, how can she keep chickens captive, then take and eat their eggs?

“I deny the parallel and think the implications are perverse,” said Blakespear.

“If elected to the California state Senate from District 38,” said Blakespear, “I’ll fight for home agriculture, that is, gardens, chicken coops, geese, goats, cows and anything else homeowners can accommodate without disturbing their neighbors. These efforts promote self-sustainability and are effective in fighting inflation.”