Monday, January 17, 2022


Encinitas Mayor Blakespear Vows to Become the Queen of Spin

“If anybody thinks my recent touting of our city’s Top 10 for 2021 was good spin,” said Encinitas Mayor Catherine Blakespear, “you ain’t seen nuthin’ yet!

“As the District 38 state Senate race heats up, I promise to take credit for not only city events but county too. My unique position as mayor of Encinitas and chairperson of SANDAG lets me grab any event and spin it to pile glory on myself.

“I promise to become the queen of spin. With my many years in government, I’ve honed my spin skills. And now with the help of a professional campaign manager, I’ll be able to take the most gloomy and grim events and spin them into community benefits.

“To be honest and frank for a moment, I thought my Senate run would be tougher. For a while there, it looked as if Lisa Bartlett would be my principal opponent. She’s an experienced politician and skilled at spin. But fate pushed her out of new District 38. So far, my only opponent is Republican Matt Gunderson. He’s a political neophyte and, well, a car salesman! How much luckier could I get?

“Traditionally, Republicans have been the masters of spin. They can convince voters that milk is black and the sky is green. I refuse to yield the field of spin to Republicans. That’s why I’m committed to becoming the queen of spin.

“Watch my newsletters, social media posts, website and planted press releases for my increasingly masterful spin.”