Monday, July 11, 2022


College Prof Says Buying Walnuts at Walmart Is Redundant

“We want to avoid redundancies in our everyday lives,” said Percival Poindexter, Ph.D., a language studies professor at the University of San Diego (USD). “Please get my place of employment right,” he added. “Don’t confuse it with San Diego State University (SDSU), the University of California San Diego (UCSD) or California State University San Marcos (CSUSM).

“But let’s get to the subject at hand,” Poindexter said. “Redundancies waste time. They’re awkward and inefficient. Identifying and eliminating them saves time, reduces stress and aids our pursuit of happiness.

“On a shopping visit to Walmart, I found walnuts,” said Poindexter. “I immediately saw an opportunity to eliminate a redundancy. I summoned the store manager and presented the problem to her. She understood my concern but said she would have to consult with corporate executives about withdrawing walnuts from sale because Walmart carries them at about 4,000 stores in the US alone.

“That magnified the opportunity enormously,” said Poindexter. “Here was a chance to eliminate a redundancy on a massive scale. The store manager thanked me for my input and took my contact information so she could get back to me.

“Hurting the walnut industry or depriving people of walnuts is not a concern,” said Poindexter. “Customers can buy walnuts at other stores or online. Ceasing walnut sales at Walmart causes no harm to businesses or consumers and yields benefits to all involved.”