Monday, February 3, 2020




Encinitas Resident Announces Facebook Page Launch

What better place to announce a new Facebook page but on the page itself?

Larry Browne, moderator of Encinitas Notes, posted this:

Acknowledging the need for a local forum, I hereby launch Encinitas Notes. It’s an open discussion — anything goes. If people post nasty stuff like the anti-Semitic Nazi puts up on Encinitas Undercover, I’ll delete it. People who post milder inappropriate content will be ostracized by other members.

Once a week or so, I’ll post to remind members that Encinitas Notes is an open forum. I’ll also post advice and instructions without checking first to see if I have the facts straight. Every so often, I’ll come up with a great idea that I’ll post.

I’ll say some things I post are my opinions even though that should be obvious to readers. If I’m not reporting facts, whatever else I post is my opinion. That content could also be called my assessment or observation.

I’ll apologize in advance for anything I post that others might find offensive or disagree with. I’ll try to be harmless, but it’s impossible to know everybody else’s sensitivities unless they post and explain them.

As membership grows, I’ll periodically post the numbers. I don’t mean that as a brag.

I’ll post very long screeds with no paragraph breaks because I know people like to read tiny type in big, dense blocks. I’ll rattle quite a lot, but bear with me.

If any member gets annoyingly contrary, I’ll cancel the membership with no warning, notice or explanation.

That’s it so far. “See” you on Encinitas Notes Facebook page!